Fattoria Estense Balsamic Vinegar of Modena Tradizionale Affinato DOP 12 Years
- Fattoria Estense
- Balsamic Vinegar of Modena Tradizionale Affinato DOP aged at least 12 years
- Aceto Balsamico di Modena PDO invecchiato 12 anni.
- Complete with multilingual booklet plus recipes, pouring bottle and case
Size: 3.38 fl oz (100ml))
- Ingredients: cooked grape must. Contains no added sulphites.
- Product of Italy
- Free shipping!
Would you like to receive this product regularly? Learn more about Auto-Reorder.
The Traditional Balsamic Vinegar of Modena P.D.O. is unique in the world of vinegar-based dressings. It is obtained exclusively in the province of Modena from cooked grape-must. It is rich and of a dark glossy color. Its characteristic density manifests in its correct, smooth flowing syrupiness.
Traditional Balsamic Vinegar of Modena P.D.O. is obtained from crushed grape-must which is cooked, matured through slow acidification, deriving from natural fermentation and progressive concentration, and through lengthy aging in a series of small barrels of different kinds of wood, with no addition of aromatic substances.
It has a characteristic and complex, penetrating bouquet together with an agreeable and balanced acidity. Its traditional and inimitable flavor is a delicate balance of sweet and sour, full-flavored with velvet undertones.
Simple ancient producers. The production follows simple and precise procedures according to the TBVM regulations, which must be carried accurately, in the correct sequence, choosing the most suitable time and place. Personal touches, however, do exist, and these are passed down, most often by word-of-mouth, from generation to generation. The procedure necessary in order to obtain TBVM consists of three basic stages:
1. The harvesting of the grapes. In order to obtain the TBVM, the grapes harvested must be those "used for the wine traditionally cultivated in the province of Modena", and in particular, from Lambrusco and Trebbiano grapes.
2. The pressing of the grapes and the cooking of the grape must. The cooking of the must should occur almost simultaneously as the pressing. The must is cooked for several hours over a "direct flame and in an open vessel" until it reaches a concentration averaging around 50%.
3. The aging. Aging takes place in a series of small barrels made of different kinds of woods and having decreasing volume, usually kept in the attic of the house. Every year, using a special method of decanting, the smallest cask of the sequence provides a few liters of the product, while the reduction due to concentration is compensated by the addition of cooked grape-must to a larger cask. Only after at least 12 or 25 years of maturing does the product reach that surprising balance of aromas and flavor that allows it to bear the title of Protected Origin Denomination (P.D.O.).
Recommendations for use: Try Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale di Modena on fresh, grilled, steamed, or boiled vegetables, as the last refining touch to meat and fish, whether they be baked, broiled, or grilled, and in Saucest Cooks throughout the world. Achieve remarkable culinary successes though the many creative uses of this extraordinary condiment.
Find Alico products on meDINEterranean
Learn more about Alico
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, actual product ingredients, packaging, and/or materials may differ from those shown on our website. On occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists, or the product's label may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our website. Packaging may also differ in colors, shape, and/or size. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, food allergies, or intolerance concerns, please contact us before placing an order. Medineterranean LLC assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.
We Also Recommend