This orange olive oil cake is easy to make and really delicious. It is also dairy free and perfect for everyday use. Enjoy a tasty and healthy breakfast with it.
The key is to use a good extra virgin olive oil. Don't forget this!
Yield: 8 servings
Time: 10 minutes cooking + 40 minutos oven
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 tablespoon of baking powder
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/4 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2/3 cup of Mas Portell EVOO & Orange Zest
- 1/2 cup of walnuts (or 1/4 cup of raisins; it's your choice!)
- 3 tablespoons of Alemany Honey with Walnuts
- Measure out the flour, salt, and baking powder into a medium-sized bowl and mix them.
- Zest your citrus fruit over the flour mixture and mix it in.
- Juice the lemons making sure you have at least 1/4 cup of juice.
- Smear a few olive oil drops on the inside of the Pyrex (or similar) bakeware. If you prefer to use a baking pan, smear it also with olive oil and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Whisk the four eggs with the sugar for a couple minutes until frothy. I use a hand mixer.
- Add in the Mas Portell Orange Zest Olive Oil while whisking.
- Add in the citrus juice while whisking.
- Add in the flour mixture and mix until the batter is nice and smooth.
- Pour the batter into your bakeware and add the chunked walnuts. Once in the oven, the walnuts will plunge into the mixture.
- Bake at 350º F for 40 minutes or so until cooked all the way through (or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean).
- Let it cool for a few minutes, and then top it with a few walnuts with honey from Alemany.
The cake will be perfect for at least five days. I use whole wheat flour and this is why the cake is "darker". It must be nicer using white flour but I prefer this rustic style.
Enjoy it and let us know your comments!
Share this post
- 0 comment
- Tags: Alemany, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Honey, Mas Portell, Olive oil, Orange cake, Recipe, Spain