You are going to surprise your mom with this recipe! The coolest pasta you can imagine with walnuts and the blue cheese you would rather. My favorite one is Gorgonzola (I can't hide that I'm Italian!), but the recipe also works fine with Roquefort, Cabrales, Valdeon, or Stilton cheese.
Yield: 4 servings
Time: 35 minutes
- 1.1 lb of Farfalle with Cocoa (2 bags)
- 7 oz of walnuts
- 0.7 oz of pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil with orange zest
- 1 peeled garlic clove
- 1 oz of grated Parmesan cheese
- 0.07 oz of marjoram (2 g)
- 0.7 oz of bread
- A pinch of salt
- Ground black pepper
- 3.38 Fl Oz of organic whole milk
- 7oz of Blue cheese
- Cut the bread into small pieces and toast them to make them crunchy.
- Put the walnuts in a blender with the bread crumbs, the pine nuts, the leaves of marjoram, the garlic, and the Parmesan cheese already grated.
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender until well combined.
- Add the olive oil into the sauce and season with salt and black pepper to taste. Your walnuts pesto is ready!
- When the Farfalle are “al dente”, drain them, and serve. Pour the sauce over the pasta. Decorate the dish with dark cocoa powder and walnuts. Serve immediately.
These are my suggestions to complete the menu:
- Rabitos Royale Fig Bonbons: the finest Mediterranean figs, filled with truffle liquor cream, and covered with a delicate layer of chocolate. One of the most delightful experiences you can taste!
If your mom enjoys cooking, give her this beautiful basket with the basic ingredients for this recipe.
Don't forget to visit the Medineterranean Mother's Day Gift Guide and Happy Mother's Day!
Share this post