A healthy summer recipe. It's perfect for a weekday supper. Swordfish is nutrient dense, so it can help you meet your nutrient needs while staying within your calorie limits to promote a healthy body weight. Cooking it with extra virgin olive oil, you may balance its cholesterol content.
Yield: 2 servings
Time: 20 minutes
- 2 swordfish fillets
- 5oz lettuce
- 1 oz pitted Manzanilla olives (or capers)
- 3 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Lemon Zest
- 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 garlic clove
1. Prepare an emulsion with the Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Lemon Zest, oregano, parsley, and garlic. Marinate the swordfish for one hour.
2. Wash and cut the lettuce coarsely, season it with salt. Drain the semi-dried tomatoes and use this extra virgin olive oil to dress the lettuce.
3. Put the swordfish into the pan over medium-high heat. Add salt and pepper, and cook over medium heat on both sides for about 4 minutes.
4. Cut the olives into quarters. Add the olives and the drained tomatoes to the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes.
5. Serve the swordfish on a bed of lettuce, sprinkled with its sauce, and drizzled if necessary with Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Lemon Zest.
The lemon olive oil makes the swordfish tastier and more appetizing! Enjoy and share with us your thoughts!
Share this post